This course will enable the students to get practical knowledge in the development and implementation of C programs for solving engineering problems using numerical methods. C program is used in numerical techniques implementation as follows.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
- Simple programs using input output statements
- Simple programs using decision statements
- Programs using Control statements
- Array manipulation
- Functions Pass by value Pass by reference
- Recursive functions
- String manipulation – compare, copy, reverse operations
- Matrix operations: addition multiplication, determinant and inverse
- Reading from a file and writing to a file merging and appending of files.
- Solution of algebraic and transcendental equations: Bisections, Newton- Raphson method- comparison
- Numerical Integration – Trapezoidal rule, Simpson’s 1/3rd rule-comparison.
- Solution of set of linear equations-Gauss, Gauss-Jordan, Gauss-Siedel- comparison
- Solution of differential equation – Euler, Runge-Kutta, step size- comparison