Following are the prominent power electronics equipment and tools: like Linear and Digital Trainer kits, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope and Function Generator as listed below
- Characteristics of TTL and CMOS gates
- Familiarization of Logic Gates
- Verification and Realization of DeMorgan’s theorem and Realization of SOP and POS functions after
- K map reduction
- Half adder and full adder (using XOR, AND and OR gates)
- 4 bit adder/ subtractor and BCD adder using IC 7483/ CMOS equivalent.
- Realization of RS, T, D, JK flip-flops using gates.
- Study of Flip Flop ICs (7474, 7476).
- Design and testing of monostable and astable multivibrators using ICs. (74121 for monoshot and 555 for astable)
- BCD to decimal decoder and BCD to 7 segment decoder and display
- Realisation of two bit comparator using gates and study of four bit comparator IC (7485)
- Optional – Simulation of some of the above experiments using VHDL/PSPICE.