This course will enable the students to develop mathematical models for electrical systems and implement controllers and compensators for systems based on system performance.
List of Experiments:
- Predetermination and verification of frequency response characteristics of Lag and Lead networks.
- Transfer Function of AC and DC servomotors
- Step and frequency response of R-L-C circuit
- Study of various types of synchros (TX, TR & TDX). Characteristics of transmitter, data transmission using TX-T R pair. Effect of TDX in data transmission.
- Study of P, PI and PID controllers. Response analysis of a typical system with different controllers using process control simulator.
- Study of performance characteristics and response analysis of a typical temperature/ Flow/ Level control system.
- MATLAB: Use of control system Tool box for the Time domain and frequency domain methods of system analysis and design
- SIMULINK: Simulation and control of real time systems using SIMULINK
- Compensator design using Bode plot with MATLAB control system Tool box
- Programmable Logic controller (PLC): To control a simple process using PLC